Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Not exterminated yet…

Meg and I took another walk across the fields this morning, ending up near Park Farm where Snugbury’s Ice Cream is made. We went to see if the Dalek is still there…

Ah yes!
SAM_7776

Dramatic against the dawn sky…SAM_7779

SAM_7784

Ooh eck!SAM_7782
I’m glad to see it’s not been damaged by the recent gales. Must be tough, these Daleks!

SAM_7773
Across the fields we came upon these parallel “tramlines”.

I guessed it was some sort of sowing machine (that’s SOWing, not SEWing!), a bit of interweb research led me to this…
Seed Drill
This is an Amazone 3 metre seed drill. second hand, for around £1000. Cor!

Things have moved on since Jethro Tull’s (the engineer, not the rock band) design in 1701.

Jethro Tull’s horse-drawn Seed Drill,1701
190px-Jethro_Tull_seed_drill_(1752)

The rabbits didn’t need the internet, they know exactly what those grooves mean… food!SAM_7775

We’ve stayed put today, Mags has been practising on the new toy… When I can wrestle it off her I’ll carry on with my Stephen King book.

Locks 0, miles 0

2 comments:

Carol said...

No squabbling now, children!

KevinTOO said...

Hi Margaret & Geoff,
How much does Mags charge, by the hour, for IT training? I have a new Kindle Fire and I'll be blowed if I can find out where to plug in the mouse and keyboard... LOL