Friday, March 13, 2009

Post Script

I mentioned earlier a possible change of plan. Well, I’m having to head up to Scotland to see my brother who is very ill. So I’ve arranged a berth in Swanley Bridge Marina for the boat from tomorrow.

I’ve also got a car coming from Enterprise, and will head north as soon as possible, dropping Mags and Meg off at Ingleton on route. It’s just too far for them to travel up there and back in one day.

We joined the end of the queue for the locks, and were at the top by 17:10. Then cruised along to moor between bridges 3 and 4 on an SUCS mooring. We’ll do the last ¾ mile in to the marina tomorrow.
We may be “off the air” for a few days.

Locks 4, miles 1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Just to say my thoughts are with you.



Maggie Young

Dogsontour by Greygal said...

Hi Geoff

Sorry to hear about your brother - never an easy time.We'll be back up to the boat next weekend so I'll make sure SJ is being well looked after. And maybe I'll be able to reciprocate with the tea this time?

All the best

GG

Geoff and Mags said...

Hi both
Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Greygal - we may well take you up on the tea offer at the weekend!